Let’s face it. Our world is full of toxins, heavy metals, pollutants and a host of many other chemicals. Unfortunately, our bodies are usually on the receiving end of all those toxins.
As if we don’t worry about these harmful toxins enough, we also have to worry about parasites. Parasites are incredibly common in our environment and yes, even in our (Yes, Yours!) body. I know, It’s very eww to think about, but rest assured, there are safe and non-invasive solutions to clear out our bodies of all of these very un-wanted visitors.
I’m not a doctor and I am not giving medical advice. Always consult your healthcare professional before starting or stopping any health regimen. This post may contain Amazon Affiliate links for the convenience of my readers.
I Don’t Have Parasites In My Body! Do I?
Trust me, I know it doesn’t sound pleasant. But the truth is, parasitic infestations are an epidemic in the United States, with sources estimating that a massive 85% of Americans have parasites and over 90% will have at least one parasitic infection in their lifetime. I mean, think about it. We go EVERYWHERE. All of those restaurants, public restrooms, buffets, shopping malls, doctor’s offices, fitness centers. Just because we can’t always SEE these parasites, does not mean they aren’t there.
- Tape worms: Enter the body through under-cooked beef, fish or pork. They live in the lower intestinal tract.
- Pin worms: Living inside the intestinal tract and lungs, these small white worms come out at night to lay eggs around the anus. The eggs hatch, and then the young worms reenter through the anus. If the person scratches during his sleep, the eggs get under the fingernails, spreading to wherever the person touches. These worms are more common in children who don’t always have the best hygiene practices.
- Hook worms and thread worms: These can be found in contaminated drinking water, or they can enter directly through the feet. They are tiny in size, and can enter through the soles of bare feet; even without open wounds. These worms can have have a lifespan of several years, and the eggs can incubate for up to 10 years!
- Round worms: Living in the stomach and intestines, these worms enter through undercooked and contaminated food. Even manure used in organic farming may be contaminated with worms. This could especially be prevelant if you follow a raw diet and lifestyle.
- Heart worms: We don’t usually hear about these worms in humans. It is extremely rare for heart worms to occur in humans. In the few cases that were reported, they usually occurred as a single worm in the lungs, rather than the heart. We do hear about them in our pets often though. These worms cannot be spread from person to person or from pet to pet.
Read more here
Symptoms of Parasitic Infection
- Difficulty maintaining a healthy weight (over or underweight)
- Itching on the soles of the feet, often accompanied by a rash
- Coughing blood (severe cases)
- Heart palpitations (hook worms)
- Facial swelling around the eyes (round worms)
- Wheezing and coughing, followed by vomiting, stomach pain and bloating (suggesting round worms or thread worms)
- Itching or tingling sensations on the scalp
- Repeated diarrhea or constipation
- Chronic, unexplained nausea, often accompanied by vomiting
- Fatigue and weakness
- Intestinal cramping
- Unexplained dizziness
- Foul-smelling gas
- Multiple food allergies
- Loss of appetite
- Itching around the anus, especially at night
- Difficulty sleeping
The truth is, a lot of these parasites go undetected for long amounts of time in the body. Some show no symptoms. We tend to ignore mild symptoms and assume they will go away. Left untreated, some of these parasites can cause a lot of damage to the body.
On a positive note though, taking Diatomaceous Earth is safe, non-toxic and even if you do not have parasites (Trust me, I’m rooting for ya!) taking DE will not harm your body and also provides other health benefits.
What is Diatomaceous Earth (DE)?
Although the name sounds very complicated, it’s actually very simple. Diatomaceous Earth is a naturally occurring rock made from the skeletons of fossilized diatoms, a type of hard-shelled algae. You might be thinking, “If it can kill parasites in our bodies, isn’t it toxic?”. Fortunately, no! Food grade DE is very safe for humans, children and even your pets.
It’s less of WHAT’S inside the DE that destroys these toxins, and more about HOW it’s formed. When ground into a fine powder, diatomaceous earth works to destroy a wide range of pests, insects, parasites and pathogens by its very infrastructure. The design of the algae, when looked at under a microscope is very cylindrical and almost looks like Chex cereal. This design makes it able to cut through anything with an exoskeleton, absorbing bodily fluids and causing them to die.
*Like I said above, Food grade Diatomaceous Earth is chemical-free and non toxic. But it must be food grade. There are other types on the market for other uses and they are not safe for human consumption.*
Other Health Benefits Of Diatomaceous Earth
- Natural source of silica. Food-grade diatomaceous earth is composed of approximately 85% silica. This important, trace mineral is required by tendons, cartilage, blood vessels, and bones. The nutrient even contributes to almost every vital organ, including the heart, liver, and lungs. Natural silica is also necessary for healthy skin, teeth, hair and nails,
- Relieves sore joints
- Hardens Nails
- Can lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol
Safety Precautions When Taking Diatomaceous Earth
Food Grade (Not industrial grade) Diatomaceous Earth is non-toxic and generally safe to ingest. Never inhale the powder, as it can irritate your eyes and nose and has potential to cause other health issues.
If your body has a lot of work to do in the detoxing department, you may experience mild detox symptoms, called a “Herxhemier reaction”, which can cause abdominal discomfort and flu-like symptoms. This is a normal response to detoxing, as parasites and pathogens die, releasing their toxins into your system for elimination. The symptoms disappear after a few days.
Remember to drink a lot of water while detoxing and keep your diet simple with no added sugars, gluten or carbs.
Not only is Diatomaceous Earth a safe and effective way to detox the body from toxins and clear our parasites, but it’s also cheap. A prescription medication to clear our parasites could be over $875 for a supply just for one person! Also, it’s usually not as powerful or effective and comes with side effects.
Diatomaceous Earth is also presumably safe while pregnant and breastfeeding.
I would recommend this brand of Diatomaceous Earth
Don’t let the thought of parasites gross you out. Use this simple and effective method and stay well, my friends!
Naturally Nicole Xo