Chicken, chicken chicken. I love it, but sometimes I run out of ways to make it different, and my family gets tired of the same old stuff! My Mother-in-law dropped by the other day with some leftover chicken dish, and I fell in love with it! I had to ask her what was in it and find out how to make it so I could share it with all of you!
It would be great paired with some garlic mash and a fresh salad! Mmm!
Mozzarella Zucchini Stuffed Chicken
This dish is the perfect dinner or lunch packed with veggies and tons of great flavor The great thing about it is that zucchini doesn’t have a very strong taste, so it was an easy go-to for my toddler. Any dinner without a huge fight is a win-win in my book!
This dish is twice-baked, meaning you will use a pan with oil to first cook the chicken and then you will bake them in the oven. It may be a little time consuming, but I tell you, it’s well worth it!
8 Pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
4 TBS Olive Oil
1/2 Cup White Wine (Chardonnay works well)
4. Peel zucchini, then grate them. Place the zucchini into the pan and mix for about one minute.
5. Add Parmesan cheese to the pan and stir. When you see juices coming out of the zucchini, drain all liquid from the pan and place it into a separate bowl. Put the pan with the drained zucchini back on the stove.
6. Proceed to add 2 TBS of olive oil and the juice from your lemon to the bowl of liquid.
7. Add your mozzarella cheese to the pan and mix well. Take pan off heat once it is mixed.Get out a new pan and add oil on medium/high heat. Take out chicken from refrigerator.8. Add your Parmesan cheese to a shallow dish or plate and set aside.
9. Spread a small amount of your zucchini mixture on a chicken breast and roll.
10. Dip the rolled chicken into your zucchini juice mixture and then into the Parmesan cheese. Add the chicken into the hot oil Repeat for all chicken breasts. Add any excess juice liquid to the pan and continue cooking.
11. When done, add all breasts to a 13 inch glass baking dish, add 1/2 cup white wine and cook in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.