The simplest healing tools are often the most powerful. When we take a look through nature, we find an abundance of rich, healing tools right beneath our feet and within our reach. The medicinal use of elderberries has been traced back as far back as Anicent Egypt. Historians generally trace the mystique of the elderberry’s healing power back to Hippocrates, the ancient Greek known as the “Father of Medicine,”. Hippocrates described the Elder plant as his “medicine chest” for the wide variety of ailments it seemed to cure.
This amazing berry seemed nothing but folklore until recent studies have demonstrated some real credibility to back up the historical tales. A popular use for elderberry syrup today is to prevent colds and flu or to shorten the duration of the illness if already ill. Sambucol (Elderberry Extract) was shown in studies to be effective in vitro against 10 strains of influenza virus
and to reduce the duration of flu symptoms to 3-4 days. That is a pretty powerful berry!
The Story Behind The Berry
I personally became interested in this elderberry extract for myself and my small children to combat winter germs the natural way. When I looked into purchasing elderberry syrup, it only came in very small bottles with a very big price tag. This small amount would never be enough to make a difference in my childrens’ immune systems, unless I bought twenty bottles! I also didn’t know the amount of elderberries and other ingredients being used, and I felt like I was being ripped off. I wanted to change this, not just for me, but for everyone else who wanted to partake in this outstanding elixir.
About This Elderberry Kit: What Makes It Unique?
- 100% organic and over 2/3 cup of elderberries in EVERY kit.
- Only the purest, natural ingredients are used in my kits like organic cloves, cinnamon and ginger.
- For added immune boosting properties, additional kits include delicious goji berries, dried hibiscus petals and ground orange peel. Every added ingredient has a beneficial purpose and also adds a great taste to the elderberry syrup.
- All elderberry kits come with an easy-to-make recipe right on the back of the package. If you can boil water, you can make this elderberry syrup! All you need is water and your choice of honey and you have made yourself a wonderful, healthy syrup for the whole family that is safe and effective.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How long does the dry kit last for?
Dried herbs and spices keep very well in dry storage, even years. Just make sure your kit is kept in a cool, dry space and is well sealed.
- How long does the syrup last once its made?
Once you have finished making your elderberry syrup, it must be refrigerated. It can normally last 4- 6 weeks in the refrigerator.
- How elderberry syrup much will the kit make?
All stovetops and cooking methods vary, but the kit normally makes 12-16oz. of finished syrup.
- How much elderberry syrup do I take?
All dosage is suggested and should be discussed with a healthcare practitioner before use. For daily maintenance, 2tsp. daily for adults. 1tsp. daily for children 1 year and older. For intensive use when ill, take up to 4 servings daily.
- Is elderberry syrup safe for small children?
Original elderberry syrup is presumably safe for children over 1 year of age, due to the honey content.
- Is elderberry syrup safe to take when pregnant or breastfeeding?
Presumably, yes. Always consult with your healthcare practitioner before use.
Most importantly, my kits are handcrafted in very small batches & made with love, care and good vibes. The essentials for a healthy mind, body and spirit.
Love & Light,