I think I have finally done my due diligence with my leftover apple picking stock! I have made apple fritters, applesauce, apple pastries, apple roses and now I bring to you slow cooker apple oat cobbler!
I hope you’re not too sick of apple-EVERYTHING yet, because this is a super easy and delicious recipe that you can bring to the fam for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
You can bring it right in your slow cooker and warm it up right during dinner! If you don’t have a slow cooker yet, you need to grab one! It’s a Winter time staple! I really love the Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker.
- 1 cup brown sugar (Or you can use coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 5 large apples, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup organic oats
- 2/3 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3-4 tablespoons softened grass fed butter (Try KerryGold Brand)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine brown sugar, granulated sugar, apples, salt, and cinnamon. Spread evenly on to bottom of slow cooker.
- Mix your crumble topping ingredients until everything comes together. Sprinkle topping over top of the apples.
- Cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2 hours.
- Turn off heat and let sit. Scoop into bowl with a big heap of vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!
I stayed pretty true to the original recipe for this apple cobbler, but I decided to omit the caramel and I also used whole wheat flour instead of white flour. The whole process is pretty similar to making an apple pie without the crust!
This apple cobbler was super easy to pull together quickly, but it tasted like I spent all day on it! Vanilla ice cream is a must-have addition right before serving. There is nothing better than creamy, cold ice cream mixed with warm, gooey cobbler!
What dessert do you always bring to the family during the holidays?
Thanks for letting me into your world awhile,
Naturally Nicole XO